How to enable or disable tool bars and extensions, set up listing order for search providers for web browser?
You can enable/disable add-ons such as yahoo tool bar, skype plug-in etc.., you can also set up default search provider for your browser for example, google search, yahoo search or live search.
To enable/disable add-ons and set up default search provider in Internet Explorer.
- Open browser and click on Tools located on the menu bar on top left corner.
- Select Internet Options from Tools menu.
- Internet Options dialog will open.
- Click on Programs tab, then click on Manage add-ons button inside Manage add-ons section.
- It will open Manage add-ons dialog box. To enable/disable tool bars and extensions click on Tool bars and Extensions.
- Now select the name of tool bar or extension from the list on right hand side and click on enable or disable button displayed in the bottom right corner.
- To set up default search provider click on Search Providers and select the name of search provider from the list on right hand side and click on the set as default button in the bottom right corner.
- To enable/disable Add-ons and set up default search provider in Google Chrome.
- click on a Customize and Control google chrome button which can be seen on top right hand side of the browser.
- from the menu select Tools --> Extensions and it will display the list of extensions installed in google chrome browser.
- It will also provide options to disable or uninstall those extensions you can also install new extensions through get more extensions link. on the bottom right corner.