How to block pop-ups in Internet explorer and google Chrome?
You can prevent most of the pop-up windows from appearing by turning on pop-up blocker.
Steps to turn on pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer.
- Open browser and click on Tools located on the menu bar on top left corner.
- Select Internet Options from Tools menu.
- Internet Options dialog will open. Click on Privacy tab.
- Inside the Privacy tab you can see Pop-up Blocker section. Select Turn on Pop-up Blocker option to enable pop-up blocker.
- similarly, you can deselect Turn on Pop-up Blocker option to disable it which will allow pop-up window to appear without giving you an alert.
Steps to turn on pop-up blocker in Google Chrome.
- click on a Customize and Control google chrome button which can be seen on top right hand side of the browser.
- from the menu click on Options and it will display the options page.
- Inside the options page click on Under the Bonnet. Here, you will find Privacy section which will allow you to select different options to customize your privacy settings.
- click on Content Settings button which will open Content Settings page.
- There will be Pop-ups section inside the Content Settings page. Select Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option. While blocking pop-ups you can still allow some pop-ups by clicking on Manage Exceptions button and add exception patterns you want to allow.